a view of maddy's various visual idiosyncratic ideas and inspirations - as requested

Click image below to access www.bloglovin.com/blogs/drawing-dont-ask-why-12906885

Thursday 6 May 2010

Proud Pikarsky

The family name Pikarsky came from my paternal grandparents, who packed their bags and escaped as a young couple from an unstable Lithuania to East London.

There they had four children, David- my father, Rose, Ruth and Lionel, who decided in the late 30's to change this name to Pickard. Sensible move maybe, due to global circumstances at the time.

Now that it is safe to use it again without fear, I have very proudly resumed use of the original family name.

(PS: I did NOT vote for the BNP today....)

1 comment:

ironmike said...

Thanks for posting Maddy! I am currently working on our family genealogy....Mike Pikarsky, Cooperstown, NY email:mpikarsky@gmail.com